Our Building Vision For Terranova Church:
For 17 years, we have existed without our own facilities thanks to the generosity of First Baptist Church, Georgetown Evangelical Free Church, Strategic Church Solutions (formerly the Williamson Baptist Association) and the City Lights Movie Theater.
While we are making much of God and making disciples of Jesus in our current setting we believe we can more effectively carryout this mission by having our own place. Our own place would serve as a better tool for:
- Fostering greater unity through worshiping all together in one service
- Providing unrestricted access for discipleship and fellowship with one another
- Impacting our community through expanded ministry and increased visibility
- Done! -- Locate desired land in the Georgetown area. (We found 8.3 acres on E-Hwy 29, just past East View High)
- Done! -- Purchase land with cash. (Monies raised over the last couple of years made this possible!)
- Done! -- Secure a project manager for the building project. (We chose Randy Mongold)
- Done! -- Hire an architect and get preliminary drawings. (see links below)
- Done! -- Get bank pre-approval for the building costs.
- Done! -- Finalize our funding with the bank.
- Done! -- Have a church member vote to accept the terms of the loan.
- Done! -- Ground Breaking on our new building!
- March 2019 -- First Sunday in the new place!
- Easter 2019 -- Welcome one and all!
Here are some images that you can click on and download for more details of our project:
If you have any questions, contact Steve Dest, our church point person for this project.