In 2001, several Southwestern University students joined with a few other college students and a handful of adults to pray and plan about starting a church. The result was Terranova Church and while today we minister also to families, we remain very intentional about college students! Our ministry helps connect college students to others of all generations in the Body of Christ through worship, fellowship, small groups, service opportunities, discipleship and more.
- Adopt-A-Student - College Students at Terranova Church have the option of being “adopted” by a family in our church. We pair students and families for 1) a home away from home for the occasional meal and doing laundry, or 2) mentoring/discipleship, or 3) both! To adopt a student or to get adopted, contact Kim Friedman.
- Feed A Student Monthly Lunch - On the first Sunday of each month, we invite people in our church to take one or more college students home for lunch or out to eat after church. Come to church and we’ll match you up! See Katey Lamberton on Sunday mornings for more information.
- "Crowded House" Dinner - During the school year, all college students are invited to the home of Jeff & Pamela Skross (1807 E 16th Street) EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT (except on Allamaly nights). We have a delicious free meal from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Contact Pam Skross for more information.
- Allamaly - Every month all college students are invited to an evening meal at San Gabriel Bed & Breakfast (1008 E. University Ave) -- just across from S.U.! This is a laid-back time of free food and student-led worship and testimonies. Our fall date is November 8, 2015 from 6-8 p.m. For more information, please e-mail Kyle Cheatham.
- S.U. Fan Club - This is all about mobilizing the people of Terranova Church to support the students of SU by cheering them on at their games, concerts, plays, etc. For more info, contact Kristin Sowers.
Care Packages & HBCB! - We provide our students with Care Packages full of surprises and snacks to help you through finals! To help prep the packages, contact Erin Oldham (Dr. Crockett). And don't miss the study break during finals by enjoying the annual Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits.
Kyle Cheatham is our College Ministry Coordinator. Click on his name to email him or do the same with the following members of our College Ministry Team:
- Josh Lenz
- Kyle Cheatham
- Brook Hampton
- Caitlyn Lacker
- Erin “Dr. Crockett” Oldham
- Jeff Skross
- Pamela Skross
- Katey Lamberton